Mood: Apathetic
I spent my afternoon in the 1st floor of the UTC in the McCombs Media Services Lab. I had to convert all the DV tapes from the case competition to wmv so that we could put them online. What I expected to take only an hour at the most turned into 2.5 hours of waiting. I first had to import the DV files into the computer, then in turn, convert the file to wmv so that Media Services could put online. So, here they are, for your viewing pleasures, the finals rounds of the Fall 2007 Case Competition. Case closed.
1st place- Black Ink Consulting
2nd place- Delta Consulting Group
3rd Place- T&G Solutions
Non-Placing Finalists:
Paradigm Solutions
Team Maverick
I also went to the gym today. I'm still preparing for the 10k on Thanksgiving Day. I haven't signed up yet because I'm not sure if I'll be able to do 6.22 miles.. but I really want to! I just did 1/2 miles on the treadmill and then got sick of the treadmill, so I went on the indoor track, and did a mile sprint, and called it a workout. Nonetheless, I really need to prepare and build endurance. My goals is to do the 6.22 in under an hour.. Which I think is totally doable.. but we'll see.
And today, I finally got my flight information for my office visit at the Hedge Fund company. I really hope this goes well, as this is my target company, and I would love to spend my summer working in Hedge Funds. To give you an idea of my schedule tomorrow. My flight leaves for Dallas at 8AM, meaning I'm catching the 6:44 AM airport flyer bus to the airport... which means I'll wake up around 6. =( Then after a string of 4 interviews and lunch, I'm catching a 4pm flight back to Austin that'll have me on the ground by 5. Then I'm going to catch the airport flyer back to campus and then make it out to the UT volleyball game against A&M! Tomorrow will be a busy day.. I'm just glad I don't have to do any work for classes tomorrow (this means no Philosophy, no French Revolution, and no Spanish... all my liberal arts classes.. hahah!) Oh well! I'll tell ya'll how things go later.
Oh, and today, I met with a study abroad adviser. We ruled out Spain because only a few business classes are offered in English. Thus, I'm pretty set on going to Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. All I need to decide now is what I want to major in. If I do the iMPA program, the adviser recommended that I postpone my study abroad because of a needed MPA class. However, if I do finance, things could work out. So I'm not sure. So I need to get the syllabuses of the different courses offered at HKUST and then make sure they'll transfer over to UT credit by getting approval from the various departments. I'm probably going to take FIN 357 and OM 353 (i think thats the course number) and then 2 humanities classes to fulfill my Plan II requirements for Art or Music or Dance History.
Well, I need to get to bed if I want to wake up at 6am tomorrow.. I've got my boarding passes printed as well as information about hedge funds and the company to read up on so I'm more familiar with the industry and the company. G'night Austin, Good Morning Dallas!
and because everyone loves Disney! Here's a happy picture:
1 comment:
You seriously must have been really, really, really bored.
See ya this weekend!
Post a Comment