Monday, August 11, 2008

The FINAL COUNTDOWN

Music: The Final Countdown- Europa
Mood: Jovial

I've learned/encountered several things this weekend (my last weekend in Dallas, I'll have you know!)
  1. I lost my sunglasses on Friday night. UGH. At NIGHT! Seriously? Most of y'all know I always have my sunglasses (and they're mostly on top of my head when it's not bright outside). Somehow, they ran away from my head and I can't find them. I know there at one of three places we went to on Friday, but I called each one and they've found nothing. SAD FACE, right?? Now I need to find sunglasses in 10 days, because that's when I go to Hong Kong, but I'm pretty particular about my sunglasses. It took me like 2 months to find the previoius pair I had.

  2. I have a mosquito bite on my left eye. YES, on the eyelid itself. and again, I'll retort, Seriously??? I had a mosquito bite on my left eye when I was like 5 and kept scratching it so it swole up really big, and I think that's why my left eye is significantly smaller than my right eye. And here we go again?!?! I'm resisting the urge not to scratch, and I'm doing well holding off but whenever I go into rub my eyes because I'm tired of looking at the computer screen or something like that, it makes my eye itch even more. On top of that, I have like 3 other bites on my arms. I have no idea why there are mosquitoes in the apartment....-- oh wait, one of my roommates slept with the window open at night all week... I think that's why. And always attract mosquitoes. I think I got this one on my eye last night, because I was wrapped in my sheets and only my head was exposed. UGH

  3. Did you know that the currency of Liechtenstein is CHF, the Swiss franc? I just came across this right now from dealing with a trade in that currency, and I was like.. what's that???

  4. The Dark Knight is number 1 again??? For the 4th straight week/ That is INSANE. I was planning on seeing the movie again but have found the strength,, time, willpower, whatever, to see it again. I'll probably see it again when it comes out on DVD. Or better yet, I'll probably buy it when it comes out on DVD.

  5. I actually ended up getting those Cole Haan Howland Pennyloafers this weekend at Macy's! (They're more of a driving shoe than a pennyloafer, and I'm wearing them right now!) They are sooo nice, and I got them for a really good deal. I call on Friday at work to have them reserve my size for me, and then I knew that they were 50% off full price. On Sat and Sunday, I was able to use a 20% off additional sales for shoes. And then since the pair the put on hold for me was their last pair and it was a bit scuff, I convinced him to take an additional 10% off for me, so I walked out with a new pair of sweet Cole Haan's for $57!! Holla! The salesman even shined the shoes for me so you can't even see the scuffs at all!

  6. So pretty! Tehehe


  7. I also went to Dillards to try on the Polo Ralph Lauren Olympic polos. You know the ones team USA wore during the opening ceremony? Yea, they're $125 full price. WOW. I know, right? Overpriced. I think they're really nice looking, but not nice enough for me to pay $125. I tried the jacket on too, and that looks really good as well, but not $165 good. Look at these though? How cool is that? Maybe they'll go on sale, but I doubt it. While I was there, 2 college-looking kids bought a polo for themselves.. DANG!

    The Jacket


    The Front of the Polo (white version)

    The back of the Polo! (in blue; I personally like white better)

  8. Haha. Ok, so enough rambling about clothing. (But I feel that's all there is to do in dallas, shop and eat.) Oh, and finally at Dillard's, they have this line of clothing made of Italian cloth called TreVero. I absolutely love this brand. The clothes fits very nicely and it's very comfortable. The only thing is that it's pretty pricey. I found some pants (casual ones, kind of a creme color) on sale, and in my size, so I snagged them. They were 75% off!

  9. Also, this weekend, Olympic crazy has been going on. Since one of my roommates move out (he took his TV with him), so I've been TV-less. I've managed to watch the highlights on NBC's website, but I've missed a lot. =( I went to Chili's and other sports bars to watch some of the action with Steven K. (my other roommate)

  10. On Friday, while out, I met a Dallas Regional Manager of WashingtonMutual and a branch manager of the Highland Park WaMu. That was pretty crazy, and I asked them, just randomly, if WaMu were going down, and they said heck no! (of course, and I hope so too). For all y'all ppl interested in savings, WaMu as an online savings acct giving out 3.75% APY, which is absurd right now. They need the cash though, badly.

  11. Internship-wise, I'm done on Friday. Wow. Only 4 days left! That is insane! 13 weeks in Dallas. The money was good, the experience is good, but now I'm still uncertain of what I want to do when I grow up... (Insert the PCD song here now.. when i grow up, I wanna be famous, wanna be a star, wanna make movies.... so true! haha that'd be cool to be discovered and become a start. but my chances of that are zilch).

  12. I fly to Hong Kong in 10 days.. That's right.. TEN days. I fly to SFO (san francisco) at 6:30 AM, landing at like 9:30. Then I catch a 1PM flight from SFO to Hong Kong, landing at 6pm on August 22nd, after starting my journey on August 21st at 6:30AM... that's a whole lot of flying and jet lag! CRAZY! I will being collecting addresses soon so I can send everyone postcards.

  13. Lastly, I discovered the site http://www.tumblr.com/ by watching a Money.com video about it. It's a blogger site like blogspot, but it seems easier to use. I was going through the editor's picks of cool sites, and i came across two-- one is of a Starbucks barista, and I really like what she writes (http://147xxxx.tumblr.com/).

  14. The other one was pretty cool too, esp for being bored at work so much.. i could really relate to the cartoons. http://www.mylifeinacube.com/ He makes cartoons of everything that's pretty much true.. Here are some samples. I laughed my head off!
    (Confession: I love Big Brother! hahaha. It's sooo full of Drama but so much fun to watch!)
    And I can TOTALLY relate to this one.. like a lot! haha. And with that, I am leaving, as it's 5pm! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eric! i think you should just wait until hong kong to get sunglasses. you can get a nicer brand, for possibly a better price. so don't fret about not having sunglasses before hk. i think you would do better waiting.

and wow...didn't realize the olympic shirts were so nice! i was too distracted during the opening ceremony by their hats. ><

angelspinenvy said...

I wonder how much those Cole Haan shoes were before all those discounts, if they were 57 bucks afterward! That's INSANE. I saw the Dark Knight yesterday. I quite liked it, but I think it's just not my normal type of movie, so I wasn't as OMGWTFM-AZING about it as other people were. But I did think it was really impressive. Mostly I was burying my head in my friend's shoulder whenever I got scared, haha.
And you know, I got a Torino Olympics jacket about six months after the Olympics in an NBC store for like 60 or 90 bucks, where it was probably 200 originally. It was still pretty pricey, but I totally wear it a lot and love it, so I think it was a good investment. Maybe if you wait long enough, those shirts will go on sale. I think the jacket is WAY pretty.