Music: I Spy- Guster
Mood: Relaxed
I Spy Hong Kong!
They always say you don't appreciate what you have or what you're doing until you don't have it or it's gone. That's probably going to be the mantra when I go back. I'll eventually go back to the States (Jan 1st) to be exact. But right now, I'm ready to be back. I know I said it in the last post, but really, Thanksgiving really means a lot to me. I didn't know that my brother was flying down from Seattle for Thanksgiving at home, and I'm saddened that I won't be there either.
Also, this week, my friend, Mark Wendorf, who brought me a wonderful care package of American goods, was here. I hung out a lot with him earlier this week (because I'm leaving for Taiwan in about 3 hours). He's a really good friend, and hanging out with him made me miss my best friends back home even more! I mean, I do a pretty good job of keeping in touch with my friends back home (through facebook, skype, and gchat). In fact, I talk with my best friends maybe like once a day. It's crazy. I just miss spending quality time with them, but I know when the spring semester comes around, I'll be so busy. Now, I'm pretty relaxed. Honestly, I'm not paying attention in class. I'm working hard for my grades, but the classes are no use. I mean, everything I need to know is in the textbook or the powerpoint. I think that's another reason why I'm ready to be back. I need to get over my apathy hump of disliking my classes and being ready to be back. I'm so relaxed right now and enjoying myself, so there's nothing to complain about! I love my life! =)
But don't get me wrong, I am cherishing my time here! This city is amazing and there's so much to do! I finally went to Happy Valley race tracks yesterday. Granted, I told myself that I wouldn't bet and then I saw other people randomly placing bets and winning so I did the same and lost 93 HKD (which is about 11.50 USD). That stinks, but I guess I learned my lesson. I know I'll be back on Wednesdays, because it's a really fun environment. Almost like a baseball game or something like that!
OK. Well, I'm leaving for the airport for Taiwan at 6pm, which is in 2 hours, so I still need to pack and get my stuff together. I'm really excited about Taiwan. The food is delicious, and I'm stoked about the hiking and the hot springs too!
No comments:
Post a Comment