Sunday, March 28, 2010

Good Weekend!

Music: She's Got A Way- Billy Joel
Mood: Euphoric


I love this song! I hadn't heard it in a while but I heard it on the cruise during a Broadway show, and it reminded me how beautiful it is! Enjoy!

It's been way to long since I've posted in this thing. Since I haven't been blogging for the business career services, I've slowly found less and less time to post. Let's see what's happened since I last posted.

Spring Break was a blast! I went on a cruise with three of my best friends and left out of New Orleans, going to Costa Maya, Guatemala, Belize, Cozumel before returning to New Orleans. It was the first time I had done anything significant for Spring Break, and it was my first time on a cruise. It would be an understatement to say I had a blast and would love to do another cruise again. For a week, we called the Norwegian Spirit our home. I didn't have a computer, internet access, a cell phone, or any obligations. We really didn't have to care about what time it was unless we were trying to make dinner plans, a specific show, or ensure we wouldn't miss our boat when we were on the shore. The drinks kept flowing, the sun shined brightly, and the excursions were fun at each of our stops. I'm glad the four of us were able to take a week break from school, and I am definitely looking forward to reunions after graduation. Our goal is to go on the Norwegian Epic! =)

Memorable events:
- Trivia with Joleen
- Befriending Monica, the manager at the restaurant (who helped us get food the last night after all the restaurants and room service closed)
- Meeting Nicki Q
- Hanging out with 2nd City Cast and the Dancers (Tia, Tamara, Kellie Picker, and  Twitch)
- Rum Runners
- The Greyhound (drunk guy on the way there, getting lost on the way back)
- $10 for 6 beers and 4 tequila shots and delicious margs in Costa Maya
- Unmarked Taxi in Guatemala
- Zip-lining and Cave Tubing in Belize
- Yummy Belize food from Amigos Bar
- Snorkeling in Cozumel (Paradise Reef, etc.)
- White Hot Party
- Color-changing cups
- Room service 24/7
- Hoagie, Little Spoon, Sunburn, and Red Zipper
- 6535
- Reading and relaxing (I finished Born to Run!)
- Basmati rice at Raffles

Here's a photo recap of spring break:

Starting Spring Break in New Orleans

and of course, hand grenades at Tropical Isle


Dinner the first night at Windows

Us and the Boat in Costa Maya

Us and Candi, our cruise director, at the White Hot Party

In Guatemala during our unmarked Taxi ride

Ziplining in Belize

A fuzzy picture of the  Piscataway Periscopes and Joleen during trivia


Pirates and the cast of 2nd City


Snorkeling in Cozumel!

Overall, it was a great spring break, and I was very sad to return back to school. Now that a week has gone by since spring break, I've fallen into the rhythm of things once again, but it's taken a while to adjust. I really just don't feel like doing any work at all. (What's new).

I'm almost done with my thesis. I just need to revise and add an intro and a conclusion. I do need to add a little bit more after I read/flip through one last book I just picked up. This weekend was not that successful in terms of getting work done. (Is it ever?) 

On Friday, I did thesis and then my roommates and I hosted our first house party of the year, which I would say, was a success. Coming back from our cruise high, we choose the theme to be White Hot and asked people to wear white. With black lights and glow sticks, we had great drinks, great people, great music, and great fun!

On Saturday, I worked at DiscoverBHP, the last discoverBHP I'll ever be at as a student. I lead ice breakers and I also spoke on the study abroad panel for 3 hours before ending with a lunch. Coming back to my house around 2pm, I was planning on going to Holi, the festival of colors, going on at the main mall, but I was too tired. Instead, I bummed a bit, and then went to go wash my car with Ishanee. (While car washing was a success, I parked under a tree right afterwards and there's fresh bird poop. That's why I hate parking at my house.. there's no covered parking! UGH!). Afterwards, we pulled the futon out onto our porch and had beers, listened to music, and enjoyed the great weather. We then grabbed dinner with the rest of the roommates at Frank and Angie's before going to Whole Foods where we ended the night with dessert and a bottle of chianti wine.

Sunday, I slept in, went to HEB, ate a Changos with Shyam, and then bummed at home and avoided doing work. The only thing productive today was that I tried out barefoot running. After reading Born to Run and doing research online, I've been tempted to buy Vibram Five Finger shoes, which stimulate barefoot running. I went to the store on Thursday to try them on but they're backordered for about a month. So today, I just went to Clark Field and tried running barefoot. I ran 2 miles, and it felt great! It was also the first time I'd gone running since the marathon back in February, so it was an amazing feeling. I really enjoyed running barefoot and could have gone for longer but I had to go to Bowling for Engineering vs. Business week. I bowled 3 games, bowling a 90, 83, and 86. Not too bad but not too good. I did bowl a few strikes and spares! =)

Well, I need to see what work I have for the rest of week. Hope you enjoyed the post!

1 comment:

angelspinenvy said...

PS, you guys are a little adorable. I can't wait to see you now!