Music: Stay or Leave by Dave Matthews Band
Mood: Loving Life
Wake up naked drinking coffee,
Making plans to change the world
While the world is changing us
I haven't blogged in a while, so here's a quick blog. I choose this song and started this blog post while I was packing up in Austin after I was done with finals but before graduation. I had about 1.5 to 2 weeks after finals but before graduation, which I spent hanging out with friends and making memories before everyone scatters. I did the final things on my bucket list, including new restaurants, tower tour, Peter Pan PutPut, and other Austin gems. What I didn't do, which will create an excuse for me to come back to Austin is bats at Town Lake, Volleyball at Aussies, and Sake Bombs at SunHing.
Overall, my review on graduation was a fun time that reaffirmed why I love the friends I have and made me thankful for the four years I have had to develop such strong bonds with people. My parents and my brother came up for graduation, and it was nice to celebrate my graduation with them. I went to the Business School graduation at 9am on Friday followed by Plan II graduation at 9am on Saturday and then the school-wide commencement at 8pm. The day after, Sunday, I drove from Austin to Houston and then caught a flight to Amsterdam with my family for our 3 week vacation in Europe. Here's a photo summary of graduation and of Europe. Enjoy!
(Note: Some photos stolen from Facebook (which were originally stolen from me))
Last Bump Ranch Party Ever (2006-2007 class)
UBC Senior Banquet
Drinks, Snacks, and The Sunset at The Oasis
A Fun Night Downtown!
Plan II Formal
Kinsolving Fun! (Wink Wink)
Senior Photos With Shyam and Vicki by Ishanee
Tour Tour-- a shot of the Quad, where we lived for 2 years
Visit to Shiner, Texas to visit Spoetzl Brewery (and sample 4 6oz beers)
Graduation Festivities Begin
(In front of the tower after my business graduation)
Right before Plan II Graduation- BFFs!
UT Commencement 2010, on a hot, humid evening
(Ravi, Shyam, and I decide to keep it breezy)
The end of an era, the beginning of new memories.
The next day, I fly to Amsterdam for 3 weeks in Europe. I'll try my best to sum up a 3-week trip in a few pictures. I'm warning you, this is extremely brief. We took over 1300 pictures on this trip.
The Heineken Experience
(that is called Extra Cold, and the draft shaft is completely covered in ice!)
Amsterdam is nice and quite pretty. I recommend 2 days in the city and that's all. The architecture and canal system are very pretty, and the people are EXTREMELY nice! And no, I did not try any substances that are illegal in the US but legal there.
Brussels, Belgium
A completely touristy indulgences: a Belgian waffle!
(Locals usually just have waffles and sugar. I, of course, get a Nutella-covered waffle!)
Brussels has beautiful architecture but terrible weather, and yes, more chocolate than you can bear because it's so expensive/gourmet (and I love chocolate).
St. Goar, Germany
With "Today was a Fairytale" by Taylor Swift stuck in my head, we explore castles in the Rhine River Valley in Germany
Dale and I bike along the Rhine River from Bacharach to Bline and explore more castles
We also do Riesling Wine tasting (6 Rieslings from the local vineyards)
We also stop through Koblez, Germany and see where the Maine and Rhine River merge. I love Germany. It's not too expensive and the people are relatively friendly. The food, however, is not the best. I don't want any more schnitzel or fries after this.
Fancy shopping and the headquarters of UBS and Credit Suisse (yea, as a business major, of course this would be the picture I post.)
We stay in Lucerne for 2 days and explore the city, cruise the lake, and then summit Mount Rigi
On Rick Steve's recommendation, we stay in Gimmelwald, which is only accessible by cable car. This is the view from the hostel. We see the swiss cows and goats graze the mountain side and hear the melodies of their bells and baaa's all day. I feel like I'm in the swiss-version of the sound of music.
After time in Gimmelwald, Interlaken is quite boring and ordinary, but nonethless, still gorgeous.
We spend one more day in Switzerland in Bern, the capital city and explore the old town and see the pretty, sandstone architecture.
Overall, Switzerland is soooo pretty but sooo expensive.
I've already been here before, so I take my family around to the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Muse d'Orsay, and Versailles. I try escargot finally. It's chewy like squid and somewhat slimly like an oyster... not bad though. I also end up with an extremely raw piece of lamb one night that I don't eat.
Fish & Chips and pear cider at my favourite pub in London, Queen's Head in Hammersmith. Aside from all the touristy things and museums, I see Wicked with my family (AMAZING!!!) and Avenue Q with my brother (very funny!). I also continually drink Strongbow on draught and get very sick of pub food.
As for my plans, I'm moving into my apartment in Dallas on August 7th and then starting work a month later on September 13. During my down time, I plan to make a college photo album (with about 110 pictures from each year) as well as a college senior recital (similar to the one we did in high school). I also hope to learn the Rosetta stone in Spanish or Mandarin and also take bartending school! We'll see what happens!



No comments:
Post a Comment