Mood: un time management?
So recently since my parents came up this past weekend, I've really been entertaining the idea of studying abroad. I'm aiming to go to Hong Kong next Fall (Fall 2008) and studying at Hong Kong University University of Science and Technology. There is an info session on Thurs, Oct. 25 at 5pm in the B-school. Once I go to that and sign in for going, I can then speak to a business school study abroad adviser. The only thing I'm really worried about is course equivalences with my BHP and Plan II degree. I figure I can take about two or three business classes, hopefully get Honors credit for them (or do some supplementary work to fulfill the Honors credit), and then I'll also take two liberal arts class to fulfill my Plan II humanities credit (specifically art or music history). Hopefully they offer those at HKUST. Other than that, I'm really excited about possibly studying abroad. I obviously need to do more planning than what I've done right now, but I'm pumped about it. I suppose it is because I'm sort of sick of the routine that has become my Sophomore year. I don't know what it is, but I guess I'm easily bored. Things fall into routine way too often for me. For my 12 week internship, by about the 8th or 9th week, I got sick of the routine and was ready to be done with the work, though the overall experience was great. So likewise, we're in about our 9th or 10th week of school, and I'm getting kind of bored again. Gah. So I guess thinking about studying abroad is a nice distraction from the routine.
Also, my grandparents live in Hong Kong, so it'd be nice to be able to see them and maybe have dim sume with them on weekends. I also hope to brush up on my Cantonese. I mean, I can speak Cantonese and get by with ordering food or carrying a simple conversation with someone about school, but for the most part, I'm really rusty. So hopefully being in HKUST, I can practice speaking Cantonese and be able to better communicate with my grandparents. Also, it helps that maybe when I'm over there, they might pay for some bills or pay for lunch. Haha. Wow. Just kidding, I'm a bad grandchild. Haha. But anyway, going to Hong Kong would be AMAZING! I'll update ya'll about that after I settle everything out.
Ok, so right now. I'm totally not doing homework I should be doing. I feel soo unproductive. Today, I did some management, studied for my Spanish quiz (gosh, the word sucrusal is soo hard to memorize and so is pedir prestado), and I also did my target resume for BA 151. But GAH, I still need to BEGIN to study for my French Revolution test on Friday. We were reviewing in class on Monday in the UTC, but there was another bomb threat so we evacuated. This is the second time my French class has been canceled. It's so frustrating. I don't understand why people do such stupid and senseless things. It's a waste of time, effort, and energy. Just go take your test and quit making bomb threats. So yes, I still need to study for my French Revolution test. I mean, it's not difficult, I just need to sit down and DO IT. Sheezz. It's only 12:30, what am I complaining about. I've got plenty of time. I don't have class until 9:30.. So whatever.
Oh, and tomorrow, signups start at 9 for Bain and BCG Meet-and-Brief sessions next-next Tuesday, so hopefully I'll be able to get a signup timeslot. Oh, and taking about tomorrow, Wednesdays are my horrible days. I'll basically go from 9:30 til 9pm living at the B-school. This is my life, as a business/plan ii student. I'll have a break for lunch, for the gym, and for dinner, but other than that nothing. But I guess staying busy keeps me going. Though it is routine, I'm still chugging along getting things done and doing well in class.. haha. "doing well"
Also today, I got tickets for the Frank Warren visit. The founder of Post Secret is coming to UT on Thursday, Nov. 1st at 7pm. I can't wait for this event. I'm not sure what to expect. I guess these secrets are kind of personal, and everyone gathering together might be scary or different. I mean, I've sent in only one secret before, and I really don't know what happened to it. I mean, it was personal, and I felt sending it would be liberating but it really wasn't. I just sent it and that was it. But oh well, I'm still excited about meeting him and hearing what he has to say. Speaking of which, there were some cool postcards in this week's and last week's blog. Here are two that I found inspiring and touching.



Finally, I'd like to do one more shameless plug for the case competition. Signups are due by Friday, 10/16 at 4pm in the Frito Lay, and applications can be found at www.texasbusinesscouncil.com. So sign up if you're interested because the cash and money is nice and the experience is a good way to learn and a great talking point for recruiters.
Well, with that, I need to get to doing my French Revolution studying. And I really wanted to watch Heroes today but nonetheless, my poor time management skills resulted in needing to do homework rather than being able to relax and watch Heroes. Also, I think I'm running in the Susan G. Komen for the Cure 5k. I'm still trying to train to get a good time, so my goal is to do 3 miles each day and try to improve my time each time. The problem is I need to find a good breathing pattern to last 3 miles. I mean, it's not like it's hard or I get tired, it's just I can breathe correctly yet, so we'll see. And if you're interested, visit www.komenaustin.org to sign up or do donate. I haven't yet registered, but I plan to soon.
Ok, seriously I need to FR ahora!
1 comment:
I love that first secret.
Post a Comment