Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend > Case

Music: Pablo Picasso- Citizen Cope
Mood: Relaxed and Rested

Case competition was on Saturday at 7:30, and my team and I stayed up till 4am working on the case the night before. Nonetheless, I can say I was exhausted, having to wake up at 6:30. Anyways, my team and I didn't advance to finals this time, we but definitely learned a lot of how to improve and be competitive next time. We messed on financials and were unable to provide a definite ROI on the 75million marketing investment. Also, I think question and answering flustered us up as well. Saturday afternoon after case, I decided not to go right to bed because I wanted to be able to fall asleep later that night, even though I got 2 and a half hours of sleep the night before.

Instead, I went for a jog right away, showered, did some spanish homework, went to the mall with some friends to eat California Pizza Kitchen, and then read some more Middlesex before going to bed around 10 or 11. Today, I woke up around 11:30, refreshed but sore from sleeping. I did so much homework though, gosh, I can't believe how productive I was-- did philosophy, spanish, accounting (for tuesday), and stat homework (for wednesday)! It's such a satisfying feeling getting all your work done early. The rest of the week, I want to spend reading Middlesex and also just relaxing. Also, I'm going to have to start preping for Hong Kong! (Ie. visa, passport, flight, planning courses, etc.)

Thinking about Hong Kong, I'm getting kind of nervous, but I'll basically be in a foreign country for 4 months. The biggest thing is having to organize and plan getting there and getting over the hump of assimilating into the country. Though I'm Cantonese, I'm still American and won't really fit in (my accent is very American). I'm still very excited, but I have to work out so many details such as registration and details.

Well, of to enjoy the rest of my Sunday!

No comments: