Monday, January 19, 2009

AUSTIN, Spring 2009

Music: Circus- Britney Spears (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zeR3NSYcHk)
Mood: Stressed, already!?

I'm so addicted to Circus, by Britney Spears. It's simply an amazing song. Watch the music video; you'll be addicted! Wow. I'm back in the States after being abroad for 4.5 months. It's been a great part of my life that I'll truly cherish forever.

I flew back to the US on Jan 1, was in Houston till Jan 6, then move into my apartment in Austin on Jan 15th. Now, school is about to start and interviews are in full swing this week for summer internships. Being here in Austin, I really miss Hong Kong. My background is a picture of the Hong Kong skyline, and I truly miss it. I know when in Hong Kong, I said I missed Austin and was ready to be back-- I take that back. I want to be in Hong Kong again. The city is so vibrant and I really felt comfortable there. Surprisingly, I feel out of place here in the States. It's a familiar place with familiar people, but it's foreign to me at the same time. I can't really explain the feeling. I really wish I were back in Hong Kong, soaking in the city, enjoying the nightlife and the food.

Unfortunately, I've been running around like crazy these last few days preparing for the countless interviews I have this week. I've got interviews for several investment banks and a consulting firm. I really want to land the consulting gig more than anything. It's really where my passion lies. If they gave me an offer right now, I'd accept it in a heartbeat. I had a night-prior dinner with a bank tonight, and the conversations we were having and the topics were interesting, but my heart wasn' t there. I'm afraid I'm not going to shine through on these interviews because I really want consulting instead but am recruiting with the banks for backups. (I know some people are the direct opposite-- their goals are the banks but are interviewing with consultants for "back up". Haha. How ironic!

In any case, I'm already stressed and on top of that, I'm sick. So don't pity me, but wish me luck on everything I have going on this week. Wow. I haven't written a rant post in a long time complaining about school or stress. Haha. It was about time.

Oh, Hong Kong, how I miss thee. Oh well, ready or not, here begins Austin, Spring 2009.

1 comment:

Mina said...

haha how ironic...i was listening to circus when i went to your page! hope you have a good semester and good luck with those interviews!