Mood: Drained
Wow. Today has been a whirlwind of a day. I woke up at 7am because I have an 8am FAP (Financial Analyst Program) class. I have class from 8 to 12:30, gym-ed from 12:30 to 2, ate in the BC office from 2 to 3, then had my Plan II TC 357 (Junior class) on investments and philanthropy with Warren Buffett and Bill Gates. That's normally supposed to last till 6 (YES! a 3 hour class), but we got out at 5. I walked over to the business school, hung out in the BC office for a bit, then went over to the UTC for an infosession with an investment bank at 5:30. That lasted to about 6:30. I then had a group meeting from 6:30 to about 7:15. I promised my friends I'd watch How I Met Your Mother with them at 7:30, so I ran all the way back to my apartment, packed some chicken I planned to bake, and then drove over to their apartment only to find out that it was a re-run (probably because of the super bowl). Now I'm currently baking my chicken in my friend's apartment and they're watching a new episode of 24. It's been an EXTREMELY long day. I've got quite a bit of homework to do and lot's of activities planned for tomorrow.
I'm meeting with the professor I'm working with this semester to discuss my research assistance. Then I have Plan II Physics class from 2 to 3:30, followed by a discussion section from 4 to 5, an HBA meeting from 5 to 6; an investment banking info session from 5:30 to 6:30, then I have ballroom dancing from 6:45 to 9. What a crazy packed day.
In other news, today (or more like yesterday, in China-time) is Chinese New Year! It's now the year of the Ox! Suprisingly, Yahoo decorated their logo but Google didn't. I would have expected Google to decorate it. They did last year. Here's some more information about Chinese New Year, courtesy of yahoo.com: http://events.yahoo.com/chineseny09/ It's the 4,707th year of the lunar calendar this year. I'm a Dragon! What are you?
Anyways, I mention this because I called my grandma last night around 9pm (it was 11am Monday in Hong Kong.) It was great speaking with her, but it made me miss Hong Kong like crazy. She's doing great, and we talked about how I was looking for a summer job and how I really want to go back to visit Hong Kong and then eventually work in Hong Kong. I really miss the chinese food and speaking in Cantonese with some of the locals and with my grandparents. Usually, in China and in Hong Kong, everyone gets the WHOLE week off. It really is a big deal. The exchange students from Hong Kong who are now in Austin really miss HKG now, especially because of Chinese New Year. It's equivalent to my desire to celebrate Thanksgiving in HKG. I invited them to grab dim sum in Austin on Sunday, but they had prior commitments. Oh, also for chinese new year, typically, parents pass out red envelopes with money. This is for prosperity and good fortune for the new year.
Anyways, Happy Chinese New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment