Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday Bliss

Music: How Do You Sleep- Jesse McCartney
Read: Peony in Love- Lisa See
Mood: savoring my cup of tea

Wow. It's already Thursday? This week has gone by surprisingly fast. It's flown by, but it's been an alright week. Homework hasn't been too bad, and I've been getting at least 7 hours of sleep plus naps, so that's a good thing.

Let me do a quick run-down on the classes for the week: We got our Finance 367 test back on Monday, and I did a lot better than I thought, considering how much I though I missed because I just froze and went black on one 30 point question. In FAP class, I was working with my assigned MBA over break to do a DCF of a company of my choosing. I choose to do a model of Amazon to figure out the current value of the stock given projected growth, etc. It was my first real DCF where I got the numbers online and from the actual Amazon.com annual report. I messed up a bit, but the MBA I was assigned with was really helpful and it actually pretty fun. Now, however, I need to do DCFs of Amazon's competitors in the industry and sector to see which companies are under and overvalued. In the Plan II Physics part of my life, this week's homework was pretty simple. We're studying cosmology, which is actually pretty interesting, if you understand it. The homework didn't take to long, so I was able to go to be at a decent time last night.

My only issue is that I finished PHY hwk at 11:40 last night, and I just watched junk TV till about 1:10am, when I realized I should be going to bed instead of snacking and watching TV. Guess what junk I was watching- Millionaire Matchmaker on Bravo, Jon and Kate Plus 8 (which is a really cute show), and Make Me a Supermodel (which is ridiculous, only because I'd love to make it big as a model in like Asia. haha! One can dream, right?)

Have you all heard Jesse McCartney's single, How Do You Sleep? It's actually REALLY catchy. He's really done a pretty good job at making his comeback, from Leavin' to this new single. Check out the music video. Ludacris makes a feat in this video, and I think that's pretty clever marketing.. Luda + Jesse, who would have ever thought. haha. Check out the video (which btw, how cool is youtube, you can now customize the borders and the size of the embeded videos! =)




Anyways, I'm also reading a book called Peony In Love, by Lisa See. This was on my to read list this past summer but I never got around to it. It's about a girl who loves the chinese play, Peony Pavilion, and her life ends up being exactly like the play. It's a bit cheese and romantic, but we'll see where it goes. There are so many other books I'd like to read but just don't have the time.

This weekend, I'm going to be working Discover BHP all day and interacting with the accepted BHP students and telling them all about BHP! Then, I'm planning on going to the Keep Austin Spicy, Asian Food Festival down at Zilker Park later that day with some friends. There's not much homework for me this weekend, so that's a good thing. Maybe I'll get to relax and sleep in (and watch more junk tv... Gosh, I watch too much reality TV.. it's so much easier to watch than real TV shows but real TV shows, you have to follow, but with like Jon Kate + 8, Millionare Matchmaker, Ace of Cakes, Real Housewives of OC, NYC, ATL, you don't really have to follow.. oh, and the news is also fun to watch some times.. and I love the Suze Orman show on MSNBC. I think she's on tonight! =)) Haha, with that, have a great weekend. I'm off to do a bit of homework and then go to cycling class before heading to physics class, signing the lease with my realtor, and then going to a BHP junior Make-a-mark event and then maybe the BC DINE event for free dinner.

No comments: