Music: Silence
Mood: missing an hour
This weekend was by far the shortest weekend of the year so far, and to add to that, we even lost an hour of sleep! How egregious.
Anyway, here's a quick recap of the weekend:
Friday- met with the Finance group to work on our group project; got half of it done; went to the gym for a quick 30 minutes (because I didn't have time) then did a BHP recruiting information session followed by an appointment with a realator that proved pointless. I finished doing research for my professor and then moved on to read the biography of Gates for my Plan II TC course. I really just skimmed the book because it was so dry and boring.
Saturday- volunteer at Explore UT from 11 to 1, talking with interested students about BHP and McCombs; then went to Green Mesquite for barbaque with the HKUST exchange students. We originally were going to Rudy's but then we heard about Green Mesquite on the Food Channel (featured by Guy); the place wasn't that good and took forever. We got to the resturant at like 1:45, ordered by 2 and didn't get our food until 3 so ate till 4. Then we dropped the exchange students off at riverside and then I picked up my friends to meet with another realtor to look at another property-- that turned out futile as well. I'm hoping to sign a lease at a house on 29th and rio but we're waiting on our potential 5th roommate to confirm before we can sign so that's why 4 of us were looking for housing all this weekend.
Then, after getting back from talking with the realator, I was browsing Craigslist (because i've been on the prowl for a dresser, a desk, and a desk chair for my place next year). I found a posting for a dresser for $40 and emailed the guy right away. He responded pretty instantly and then I called him, grabbed my friend Rachel and drove to South Austin to pick it up. It was this guy from France who had just been laid off over working here in Austin for about a year. Anyways, we dragged the dresser to the parking lot of his apartment and then proceded to attempt to stuff it into my 4dr car. It didnt fit... Originally, I thought that the backseats could fold down, but they couldn't. So we stuffed the dresser drawers into my car and drove by to my apartment; and then my wonderful roommate (THANKS MARGARET!!!) let me borrow her SUV and drive back down to meet the guy to pick up the actual dresser. We put down the seats but then had issues trying to shove the dresser in because there was the part that covers up the back part of the cargo area of the SUV that wouldn't come out. After like 20 minutes of thinking, my friend Rachel had the smart idea to see if there was the car manual in the glove box-- it turns out, there was and it taught us how to remove the cover. So with the cover out, we finally loaded up the rest of the dresser and then drove back, moved it up to my room on the 3rd floor. All that took about 2.5 hours.. I didn't think a craigslist adventure would require 2 cars and 2.5 hours... all for a $40 dresser.. but hey, i guess it was worth it; so after that, it was about 1030pm; i realized it was my grandpa's birthday so I called his cell phone in Hong Kong and chatted with him for a bit and wished him a happy birthday. Afterwards, I hung out with friends and then watched us loose an hour.. we watched our cell phones jump from 1:59 to 3:00. It was sad. Then we proceded to make grilled cheese sandwiches.. I had seen on the food channel that theyre good with apples or even spinach so we made apple grilled cheese sandwiches, which are AMAZING! Then I went to bed at like 4am.
Sunday- I woke up around 11am after being awakened all throughout the morning by the Coop across the street that had it's party go on till about 8 or 9am. After waking up, I read my marketing notes for a bit, then meet up with the Barbara Jordan/George Mitchell Award committee to discuss the award and timelines. Afterwards, I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich with spinach, tomatoes, and cucumber (which was DELICIOUS!). Afterwards, I went over to a friend's apartment to study more marketing. I then took my car out to gas it up and then go to Academy Sports to get skiing gloves.. it turns out that academy doesnt really stock skiing gear this time of year so I didn't get any gloves; however, I saw some ski goggles on sale and I know my brother needed a new pair so I got one that was on clearance; after academy, I went back to my friend's apartment to study marketing; after that; at 7pm I went to my group member's house to finish up the finance project. That took longer than expected, and i was finally done around 10pm. I was hoping to go the gym at 8, expecting the group mtg to take an hour but I had to skip the gym. Now I'm back in my apartment and thinking of all the things I have to do this week before I leave on Wednesday.
Bare with me as I think out what I have to do before Wednesday
- do laundry
- pack
- study for Finance Test on Wed
- print practice tests for finance
- work on Physics problem set
- print ticket boarding pass on Tuesday night
- call brother to finalize plans
- hopefully sign my lease
- pay my credit card bills
- wipe off my dresser and put clothes in it
- fill out timesheets before Wednesday!
- write rent check

No comments:
Post a Comment