Music: Come On Get Higher- Matt Nathanson
Mood: sleeping in
Reading: One Up On Wallstreet- Peter Lynch
What a relaxing weekend it has certainly been! After such a stressful week filled with projects, homework, and obligations, it's been nice to retreat back home and just chill. I haven't been able to sleep in since spring break, but this weekend, I've slept in Friday and Saturday morning and took naps on both Thursday afternoon and Friday afternoon. It's been glorious! =)
So Wednesday was a whirlwind of a day; going to physics TA sessions, BC meeting, and then having to prepare for interviews. I woke up at 5:20am on Thursday, got ready and ate breakfast and then caught the bus to the airport at 6:10am. My mom, who's in London right now, knew I would be up, so she called me and we chatted on the bus, which was nice. I landed in Houston at about 8:10 and then the company I was interviewing with had a UT alumni pick me up from Hobby Airport. After a brief introduction about the company, they sent all of us on an interview craze. There were 6 people interviewing for 2 spots (2 from Rice, me, and then one student from Univ of Houston, Sam Houston State, and Emory). They had us go through 6 15 minute interviews and then that was the all. We were done by 11:30am and my dad then picked me up from the Galleria. I think all the interviews went well, and hopefully I'm given an offer to be in Houston this summer. They said it'd take up to 2 weeks for them to get back to me... and that's a long time to wait, but I'm going to be optimistic and hope for the best. In the meantime, I have 1 more interview on Wednesday of this week and one more 2 weeks from now. I've lost count of the number of companies I've interviewed with, and I probably won't count until I get an offer.
On Thursday, after napping, I did my Plan II Physics homework, scanned it in and emailed it to the TA for grading. It was nice of them to let me turn it in late. Today and yesterday, my dad and I conquered Chinatown in Houston, eating at a bunch of restaurant and giving me my fix of chinese food to last me until the next time I come back to Houston.
There's not much more homework I have to do for this weekend. Sunday, I'll be back in Austin by 4pm. I want to bake banana nut bread and just relax some more. Gosh, I don't even want to start thinking about the projects I have to do and the many tests that are coming up. haha.
Oh and lastly, as many of you know-- I'm a Jesse McCartney fan.. hah (wow. I can't believe I just admitted that, but hey, no shame!) I discovered this acoustic version he did for a radio station, and I LOVE it! Check it out. It's actually very pretty!
No comments:
Post a Comment