Mood: Good, Lazy Stress
This new Jesse song has been stuck in my head!
"Parlez vous francais?
Konichiwa
Come and move in my way
Hey, little chica from Guadeloupe
That thing you got behind you is amazing
Now, I don't speak Spanish, Japanese or French
But the way that body's talkin' definitely makes sense
It's her, her body, her body, her body language
It's her, her body, her body, her body language
The way she moves around
When she grinds to the beat
Breaking it down articulately
It's her, her body, her body, her body language
It's her, her body, her body, her body"
Let's be honest, I'm stressed. And I admit, I've done it to myself. I did this last time during my first round of tests, but in my defense, that was the week right after I got my full-time job offer. Now, about 4 weeks later, I've done the same thing. After watching a lot of Glee (I'm still one episode behind), socializing with friends more, and just relaxing, I find that I have an accounting test on Wednesday and a statistics and business law test on Thursday. I finally started studying yesterday, so it's my own fault that I'm stressed, but I'm definitely okay with that because I put it upon myself. Hence, my mood is a good, lazy stress.
Don't get me wrong; my grades still somewhat matter. And I'm still confident I'll do well on my exams. But I'm just waited till the last minute to study for these exams. I did okay during the last exams, but I definitely need to turn it up a notch if I want to pull out with a decent grade in my classes.
So I registered for classes last Wednesday and I totally got NONE of the classes times I wanted. I got all the required classes I needed, but I was on waitlists for 3 different classes. As of today, I got off 2 waitlists, so my schedule is now MW 11 to 2pm, T 12:30 to 2, 5 to 8, TH 12:30 to 2. I'm trying to move that Tuesday class from 5 to 8pm to TTH 11 to 12:30, but we'll see if that works out. It's the senior level FIN 370 capstone finance class, and I had the last day of senior registration, so obviously I got stuck with the worst timeslot.
This past weekend, I went to Houston on Saturday and Sunday to see a good high school friend who goes to rice, to go to an Owl City concert, and to celebrate Halloween at Rice's (in)famous Night of Decadence (or NOD). Let me say that I had an amazing weekend. Thanks to Chaya for letting us crash at her place and to Shyam for driving! The concert was not really what I expected. It was at the Meridian in downtown Houston, which was a terrible venue because the stage was pretty much on the floor, so you couldn't really see that much. The opening acts were TERRIBLE, but Adam Young (of Owl City) has great songs, so it was fun seeing him live. However, I must say that he is not an entertainer at all. I'm sure he has a lot to learn, but he literally just played through all the songs without any transitions or telling us the background or the meaning behind the songs. In other words, he didn't really captivate us with his personality, though the songs were still fun. He played for about 1 hour, which was about as long as the openers played. Also, the concert was full of high school/middle school students, which Vicki noted some of their combined ages was equivalent to her age. It was funny seeing the parents pick up their kids after the concert. While it seems like this post was full of complains, I definitely enjoyed the concert overall!
And halloween weekend was amazing! I spent Friday night celebrating in Austin and spent Saturday night at Night of Decadence (wikipedia it!). I was a sailor on Friday and a captain on Saturday because I had 2 different hats that I paired with a bandana around my neck. I wasnt sure what to expect of NOD, but I had a blast, though a Rice party is definitely different from UT parties.
As many of y'all know, I've been training for the Austin Marathon since the summer and meant to do the Austin Distance Challenge, but that didn't work out. I've still kept up running, and I just registered for the Run for the Water 10 miler which is on this Sunday. I've been putting of registering for it because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do it (and because it was $50 to register.) My left foot has been going numb after 3 or 4 miles, which is really wrecking my time. My goal for the 10miler is under 2 hours, but I'm not sure if that'll happen if my foot goes numb b/c I have to stop and wait for the blood to return. I'm planning on running the Marathon, but I haven't registered for it yet. It's $110 dollars, and it's not about the money (though the race money added together could probably buy me the iPod Nano and a new camera I've been wanting). I'll probably register for the marathon after I run the 10 miler on Sunday.
So, I guess I'll continue to run with (good, lazy) stress! =)
1 comment:
This song is cute!
Also, I didn't know NOD was on Wikipedia, wow! And (in)famous is definitely the best way to describe it = )
Post a Comment