Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rainy Day Stay Away

Music: Howie Day & Colbie Caillat
Mood: Cold and Homey

This past weekend, or I mean on Thursday, I saw Howie Day and Colbie Caillat in concert at Stubbs. I hadn't been to a concert since Ingrid Michaelson and this concert was pretty enjoyable. It definitely wasn't what I expected in the sense that Colbie was trying to be more mainstream and pop-ish than I felt her music is. The concert was more of a staged production rather than a chill concert. All that aside, it was very entertaining and the concert went pretty quickly. I don't know too many of Howie Day's or Colbie's music, but Howie Day is always amazing to see live because of what he does with footpedals and looping sounds. Colbie was adorable and gorgeous!

Apart from that, this weekend, my parents came into town and it was great seeing them again and just relaxing. Though at times, I just wanted to stay at home and relax because I have no idea why my parents wanted to sit in on business and  Plan II panels about internships, study abroad, etc. when they've heard it for the last four years. Of course, Parent's Day is an excuse for them to make the trip to Austin, see me, bring chinese food up for me, and just enjoy Austin, which I'm totally cool with!

And I must say that I hate the COLD and the RAIN. Yesterday was disgusting and slightly annoying. I took the bus to campus to run some errands, and it just ended up being gross. Apart from that, I can say that I am NOT a cold weather person. I mean, it's currently in the 50s to 60s and this is too cold for me. I'm such a short/tshirt person and having to bundle up and wear layers is not fun, especially when I bike to campus. I can say that I have an excuse for not being ready for this weather-- I was in Hong Kong last fall and didnt get to experience the weather changes. In Hong Kong, it was temperate for the most of the fall until about November when it started getting colder. I don't think it fell below 50 or 45 in Hong Kong. With that said, I'm glad I'm staying in Texas after graduation simply because of the weather. Obviously, there are other sweet places with amazing weather (ie. California) but Texas will do!

Lately, I've had a lot of free-time to just relax and do nothing. It's probably a combination of tests in classes coming up the first wk of November (ie next week) and me just not wanting to do work anymore. I've still got to read for several classes and do practice problems, I've just not done them because I don't want to, which is bad, but also because of my senioritis already kicking in. With my "free-time," I've been trying to catch up with friends and just do more outside of school, which has been fun, but I definitely need to concentrate on reading for my thesis to get valuable information so I can start writing ASAP. Last week, I went to the library to get books, so I've got like 10-15 books in my room but I actually need to start sifting through the material. YIKES!

 I also register tomorrow for my classes. I'm taking 15 hours, which I'm not too excited about, but my schedule is still pretty stellar-- Monday thru Thursday 11am to 2pm. I'm kinda bummed that I have to have class through all my lunch times, but I guess if i work out in the morning, eat a big breakfast, and then suffer through till 2pm, I can eat afterwards, but it still stinks. I register tomorrow at 11am and am pretty confident I'll get everything I need.

Lastly, this weekend, I'm going to Houston on Saturday to see Owl City in concert. He's going to be amazing (yes, it is not a band, but rather, it's just one person named Adam Young.) The Austin tickets sold out before we were ready to buy them and Houston hadn't sold out yet, so my roommate, a friend and I are driving to Houston on Saturday afternoon, meeting up with a friend at Rice, going to the concert, then going to enjoy Halloween at Rice. I'm going to be a sailor for halloween, but I'm a bit worried because I ordered my costume online on Friday and it has finally shipped today. It got shipped priority mail from Anaheim, CA. I better get it on Friday so I can dress up on both Friday and Saturday!

Other than that, this week will be busy because I'm serving as a student ambassador for a team competing in the McCombs International Business Challenge. Tonight, we had a dinner for them, tomorrow, I'm taking them to lunch and then around Austin before Dave & Busters in the evening. It should be fun, but I've also got tests to prepare for for next week since I won't have time this weekend. Sorry for the incongruence in my blog post. I made a list of things to talk about so I just went paragraph by paragraph explaining is, so hence, no transitions or fillers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahah i went to ingrid's concert too! lol we should be concert buddies :P

angelspinenvy said...

Owl City yum!