Sunday, January 6, 2008

2008

Music: Friends Like These- Mobius Band
Mood: Relaxed

I haven't written a post since school let out in December, so I wanted to write to let everyone know how my break was and what I'm looking forward to this spring semester.

Break has been nice. I've been taking Gov 312L during winter school at Houston Community College, and let's say it's been really easy. Last winter, I took Cal 2, and it was definitely a lot of work. During break, I've been going to class from 9 to 12 (or 9 to 11, if the professor dismisses us early). Then I head off to the gym for about 1.5 hours, grab lunch, and then I have the afternoon to hang out with friends and enjoy my break. This has been one of the most relaxing breaks in a while simply because I've stayed in Houston and haven't done much. I usually go to California to visit relatives for Christmas. Oh, and I didn't have to get my wisdom teeth taken out because the dentist person said to wait more year to let the 2 teeth that are still deep in my mouth grow out.

So in summary, here's what I've done over break:
  • HCC Winter School (Government)
  • Meet up with a former cowoker from Detroit who was in Houston visiting family
  • Went to a Jazz bar (that was really exciting)
  • Chinatown, Houston, Texas (I think that's all I need to say)
  • Been working on my fitness (during break, I've been able to stay at the gym longer and get in better shape)
  • Celebrated New Year's with friends and fireworks
  • Watched: Juno (which was... cute), High School Musical 2 (which was a let down), Ratatouille (which I loved!) and plenty of NCAA Bowl Games
  • Followed the primary race for the democract and republican presidential nominations
  • Sugar Land Town Square
  • Shopping at the Galleria
  • Had hot-pot with friends and 2 former high school teachers
  • Visited the high school to get a transcript
  • Hung out with Friends
  • Discovered the band The Mobius Band (check them out on Myspace.com!)
And here's an idea of my schedule for spring 2008. I really like my schedule, a lot. And it helps that I only have one class on Friday! (finally... gezz. Most business students don't have class on friday because classes are either MW or TTH, but liberal arts classes are usually MWF.

Since I have most afternoons free or off, I'm going to try to find a professor to shadow and do some research with. As y'all may know, I'm interested in doing finance and going into the corporate world, but I'm also interested in getting my PHD, doing research, and teaching. I think working as a research assistant or something would help give me exposure to the field and allow me to see if I like it.

These are my goals for this coming semester:
  • Do research with a business professor
  • Get involved with a charity organization
  • Apply for study abroad and get lots of scholarships to go abroad
  • Maybe rush for a business fraternity?
  • Get all As (last semester, I got an A in accounting!!!! But wasn't as successful in Philosophy. Last semester, my favorite class was my french revolution class. This semester, I'm pretty excited about my SS 301- Psychology class. Overall, this semester seems a bit easier, so hopefully that can be reflected in my GPA before I go to Hong Kong)
Well, that's all I have for now. Off to have a grapefruit and then go to bed so I can make it to class tomorrow by 9. I hope everyone had a great winter break and a happy new year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like we both have gym time at 12pm on MWF. OMG, run with me.

Anonymous said...

What software did you use to post your schedule? That looks cool!

Mina said...

i loved juno <3