Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ice Cream and Peanut Butter

Music: Miami- Will Smith
Mood: Sore


I love my group cycling class. Actually, I take that back; it's more of a love-hate relationship. During the day, I look forward to it, but when I'm actually in the class, I find myself constantly looking at the clock wondering when it's over. But then when I'm done, I feel so much better. Today, I went to CORE Cycling, where we cycled for 45 minutes and then did ab exercises for like 20 minutes. I was SORE. So, at Kinsolving today, I rewarded myself with ice cream mixed with peanut butter. Yummm.


Gosh, I feel that nothing else is going on in my life than sleeping, going to the gym, eating, going to class, and doing homework. Life is quite boring, though I feel like I'm always in meetings. I'm going to work on my philosophy paper this weekend that's due next Friday. Managerial Accounting is interesting and so much better than financial accounting. It's nothing like debits and credits; rather, it involves equations, formulas, and more high-level analysis than financial accounting. Still, I don't think I'm going to be an accounting major. It's not that I absolutely hate accounting; it's just that accounting isn't as exciting or interesting as other subjects. I feel accounting is so nit-picky when I'd rather just get the overall concept.

In fact, I officially declared my major yesterday to Finance: Corporate Finance! Horray! So I updated my resume to include my new major. I guess it really doesn't make a difference because I'm still taking the same classes right now; it'll just effect what classes I take abroad and what upper division classes I take. Oh, and if you search for my name under UT-Directory, my three majors come up! So horray for that! Oh, and regarding study abroad, I'm sort of worried and nervous about it. My class schedule is so tight that if I don't get a class that I need in Hong Kong, then my whole schedule will be thrown off. I'm meeting with the study abroad adviser next week to talk about registration and such. Of course, I still have to do my study abroad application and with that, scholarship applications as well to go abroad. That application is due on March 1st, but I want to get it out of the way; I just haven't had time yet.

Well, that's all for now. Oh, and I was mistaken. The Texas-A&M game is actually on February 18th, not on Feb. 7th. I know I'm going to the career fair on Wed, Feb 6th just to talk to recruiters, get contact information, get free things, and say high to my recruiter contacts. I'm debating on whether to attend the Interactive Diversity Forum on Thursday, Feb 7th. Free dinner would be great, but then I have to dress up and talk with recruiters. Which can be a good thing, depending on which company I get assigned to. And my philosophy paper is due the next day, but if I finish the paper this weekend, I'll be good. Oh, and about research assistant, I'm going to be working with Professor Ethan Burris this semester. I haven't done anything yet, but I've read some of his research and research he's working on right now. I'm really excited about this because he's going to have me running his third study and helping with his research. It's interesting because I just declared my major as finance because I like numbers and find it interesting. I know I'll major in Finance, but if I were to become a professor, I'm not certain what I'll do my research in. We'll see.

Oh, and there was a PostSecret this Sunday that was really related to blogging. I hope noone spies or stalks me. Hehe. But if you read my blog and you see me around, be sure to say hello!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm i remember last year, j2 had peanut butter ice cream. it was the best :)

angelspinenvy said...

Nice song..old school rocks.