Saturday, February 2, 2008

Burning Street Light

Music: The Dolphin's Cry- Live
Mood: Peaceful


This week was good. I've been pretty busy, but overall it was a great week. I've been trying to get lunch and dinner with different people I haven't talked with in a while. Yesterday, I had dinner a Moonshine, which was pretty good. I thought it was strange that instead of giving us bread to start off with, they gave us popcorn. But it was nice. Today for lunch, I ate at Foodheads (Guadalupe and 34th). They have really good sandwiches, and the setting is really nice. It's in a home that's been turned into a restaurant.

This week, I've been busy not only with school but also practicing for Texas Revue. Undergraduate Business Council is putting on a skit to try out for Texas Revue, and I'm going to be a dancer! I've been learning the dance moves and really getting to know the other members in the skit better. 

Oh, the company I signed with for an internship this summer will be in Austin for career week and invited me to dinner with the recruiters and other summer intern on Tuesday. Wednesday is the career fair, which I plan on attending. I also signed up for the interactive dialogue forum which is on Thursday. I'm so glad I don't have the stress of finding an internship or recruiting. Seriously, recruiting last semester was like an extra class. 

Ok, so to explain the title of my post. Today, I was walking back to my dorm, at 24th and Whitis, when I saw a lamp post burst into flames. It was going for a good 20 to 30 seconds before the flames went out and the light remained out. Being concerned, I called UTPD and reported that there was a small flame and that it went out. While I was on the phone, the light randomly went back on. I was really confused, but UTPD sent a cop out just to take a look at it and make a note of it so that maintenance could fix it. I bet the cops thought I was strange because the light was on and appeared to be working all right. But I promise, the light went up in flames for a bit, and some other people saw it too. Maybe it's a sign... whatever that could mean.

Well, it's really late right now, so I suppose I'll go to bed now. I've got to write a philosophy paper this weekend, check my stat homework due on monday, do a philosophy report, work on my study abroad application, and do some other chores as well. I planned to go to spinning class Saturday at 12 to 1, but all spinning classes got canceled both Friday PM and all of Saturday, so instead I plan to go on Sunday instead. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: