Thursday, February 14, 2008

Claustrophobia

Music: New Soul- Yael Naim
Mood: Drowsy

So the Management Accounting homework took me about 2 hours, and I still didn't complete it throughly. I got the A= L + SE but the stuff concerning the loans was tricky. We'll see what I got right tomorrow, I guess. (I hope I can stay awake for it).

Today has been so busy! I literally had 5 commitments this afternoon. I was finished with classes at 12:30, went to the gym, ate lunch at the BHP office (they were having a feedback session and had pizza). Then I had to make an announcement at the BA 101 class about the blogs. Then, I went to my Claustrophobia psychology testing. (I'll talk more about that later.) Then, I had a Biz IT Case Coaching with some IBM employees at 5:45 and then again at 6:30. After grabbing some food at JCL, I arrived late to the Business Council meeting. Finally, after that ended, I was able to get started on my homework.

I have a LOT of BizIT work to do. The case is about using technology to help diabetes patients read their glucose levels and to market the new product to under-developed countries. You can read the case and find out about more BizIT case competition at http://misbridge.mccombs.utexas.edu/events/bizit/rules.asp. I need to do some research for the case. My group and I have decided to lock ourselves in Reliant Reading room for hours on Friday and Saturday to finish the case, as we all have the STAT 309H test on Monday. I also have a Psychology paper due.

In STAT, we were reviewing for the test today and if we gave correct answers, we could pick out prizes from the bunch. I got a talking UT bottle opener! It sings the Texas Fight Song when you push the metal opener! I'm really excited about it. It seems random and quite useless, but nonetheless, fun. I might end up re-gifting it. Opps, I didn't say that. Now if you get a talking bottle opener from me, you'll know I regifted it. D'oh!

So, in the Claustrophobia study, they actually locked me in a casket-looking box for 5 minute intervals for like 6 times.... i spent about 35 minutes total in a box.. eek.. it was very disturbing and creepy. At first, I could feel my heart racing and my anxiety. However, after the 4th or 5th try, I became accustomed to the box and accordingly, "overcame" my claustrophobia. Haha. So I did something today... Hopefully I'll never have to do it again though. It was strange and not something I enjoyed. The experiment was studying if one could overcome anxiety and realize that nothing would happen in those small places. It was tedious and interesting. As an undergraduate research assistant, I could relate to the test proctor. I'll have to eventually administer studies when I'm doing the management research with my professor in the coming months.

I have to start brainstorming for my psy paper due on Monday. One of the topics is about ecological validity for psychology experiments. I totally read a couple articles about that for my research assistance so I can definitely write about it for my psy paper.

Well, I'm off to bed. It'll be a long day tomorrow too. =(

The Song I am listening to right now is from the MacAir commercial. The music is catchy; the laptop, in my opinion, not so much.

1 comment:

angelspinenvy said...

I like how you realized you shouldn't have written the re-gift thing, but you could have deleted it, but you didn't. I would try to analyze that from a literary standpoint, but I'd rather not do that right now. I like the New Soul song, don't quite love it. I think it's cute. The actual music video for that song is really cute too; have you seen it? And also, I think the song totallyy adds to the allure of the MacBook Air. What don't you like about it?
<3 lover!