Thursday, January 17, 2008

Gummy Bear Lost Among Gummy Worms

Music: Taking Chances- Celine Dion
Mood: Calm

School is great right now. This week was a struggle simply because I wasn't used to so many 1.5 hours classes.. I guess I just don't have the attention span to sit for so long and listen to a lecture. Other than that, the week was great! I'm done with classes early, have time to GYM, am staying caught up in classes (so far), and plan to do research with a professor! All is well. Calm and stress-less (for now...).

Tomorrow evening, I fly out to California to visit family and cousins, and I'll be back Monday morning, so I'm excited about that! Other than that, not much going on.

Here's a quick update:
  • Research Assistant (RA)- I've contacted various business professors and got overwhelming response about helping as an RA. I hope to finalize by Monday or Tuesday who I'll be working with and what research I'll be doing, so I'll definitely let y'all know what's going on there.
  • Group Cycling- I went to a preview class on Wednesday for group cycling and really liked it. I'm going again tomorrow at 12, and I'm going to buy a pass for the semester. It's such a good workout and feel it's better on my knees than jogging. So in addition to treadmilling, I'll be group cycling! I'm SUPER excited.
  • Yesterday, I was playing apples to apples with friends and was eating gummy worms.... and I made a striking discover... a gummy bear in a bag of gummy worms! =) Just thought I should share that with all of y'all. I couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes when I made that discovery.. hence my post title.
  • BHP recruiting is going well. It's definitely picking up this semester with some prospective students finding out their admissions decisions and contacting me for more information about BHP. Others are still applying, so there are plenty of questions about that. Also, the sophomore transfer application is coming out in mid-March, so I'm getting questions about that too. Overall, I'm exciting about this semester because after all this BHP recruiting, it'll be rewarding to see who ends up getting accepted into the program and then who chooses to matriculate.
  • Finally, Go Patriots! I see the city of Boston sweeping the sports championships... First the World Series, Next the Super Bowl, Then the NBA Championship. I don't really follow hockey, but I don't think the Bruins are too bad either, though Detroit Red Wings are a pretty stellar team. We'll see.
Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend!

Here's a picture of my friends and I at Trail of Lights in December. (Old Picture, I know, but one of my favorites from December)

No comments: