Thursday, December 4, 2008

I Have the BEST friends in the world

Music: Light's On- David Cook
Music: Crazy Tired, but Estatic

Yesterday was a GREAT day. I woke up around 9am, caught a great picture from my room of the sun rising between the clouds overlooking the sea, and I knew it was going to be a great day! I went to my boring 10:30am Chinese Literature course, then sat through Operations Management (where the professor who reads right off the ppt for all his lectures claimed that he doesn't like to do "powerpoint karaoke".. haha, yes, that's the word he used...), gave a presentation in my chinese film course about Ang Lee's The Wedding Banquet, and then I went back to my dorm room and was pleasantly surprised to receive a great birthday care package from my best friends back home.

In this care package, they made a DVD with a lot of my close friends wishing me happy birthday and just being themselves. They also included a copy of the Holiday 2008 edition of Details magazine, an I Voted Sticker (because I never got one for the election), a Mrs. Field's cookie, letters from my friends, a Mixed CD of all the latest hits in the States, this season of How I Met Your Mother, a stack of my BHP business cards, and lots and lots of LOVE. 

This video Shyam and Ishanee made for me really meant a lot to me. They called a bunch of my friends over and did like a video documentary mixed with music and a slideshow of pictures from this past summer and the past 2 years at UT. I keep watching it (this is like the 5th or 6th time) and the jokes and the love never get old. I can't believe I have such amazing friends to come back to in Austin. So, thank you so much! It really means a lot to me. Like seriously, I still have another month to go (2 wks of finals = 5 exams and then 3 wks of touring china with my parents) before I go back to Austin. I know my time here is slowing disappearing and I really don't want it to. I'm ready to be back but at the same time, I'm really going to miss Hong Kong. I know I keep saying this, but I don't know how else to express what I'm feeling. I know that when I do leave HKG, it's not good-bye. I'll be back in Hong Kong later on; I just know it.

Ok, that is all. Sorry for the randomness of this post. I got 5 hrs of sleep last night (b/c i had to much caffeine at dinner last night so stayed up till 3am, then woke up at 8am, had 2 cups of coffee for my 9am class, and then that class let out early so I'm just bored and watching the office, etc (when i should be studying). I'm going into the city later today to add pages to my passport (i only have 3 blank pages left!).

so quick summary of this post:
[1] I'm too caffeinated to think or be coherent
[2] I love my friends and can't wait to see them in January!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

for many reasons that have been noted in many ways, your friendship has been missed by me this semester, and I cannot wait until you get back! :)