Music: Next To You by Chris Brown
Mood: Consulting
So, in short, I'm back and excited to be blogging!
Mood: Consulting
Wow. It's been about a year and a month since my last blog. I feel the need to return to my blog just to I can capture my life and the interesting nuances that occur. I tried doing a photo-365 inspired by Vicki Chang (where you take a photo a day to commemorate each day but that failed after I kept forget to take a photo).
There's a lot that's happened in the last year. Last summer, I traveled Europe with my family seeing The Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Paris, and London. I then went to South America with Adriane where we explored the Amazon jungles of Ecuador and hiked the ancient Machu Picchu for four beautiful days. Then, I ended up booking at last minute flight to Hong Kong because a death in the family.
After all that traveling, I moved to Dallas in August where I took a two week, expensive class to become a certified bartender. Then I started work at Bain and Company in September and was staffed immediately on a technology case in Austin for 6.5 months and then a telecommunications case in Dallas for 2 months. During that time, I spend 2 weeks doing in-office training followed by 10 days in Cape Cod at Global Training during Halloween weekend. I also went to San Francisco for a work conference in June.
Shyam, Ravi, and I decided to go to India in July, so I booked a 2.5 wk vacation in January. Having just gotten back from that (see Shyam's blog for those juicy details-- http://workprayplay.wordpress.com/: The entries titled Mughal Majesty, Holy Cow, and Play are the 3 related to our trip) The day I got back from India, I was staffed on an oil and gas client in Houston, and I have been traveling to Houston weekly for the last 3 weeks. Now I find myself here, today, blogging instead of working on a document I need to get done tomorrow by 10am, and I've got a 7am meeting tomorrow morning.
Also, if you tweet, I've created a new hashtag: #ConsultingProblems
I've had two #ConsultingProblems in the last two weeks.. Last week, I forgot my belt. That was annoying, but I was able to borrow one from a co-worker.. This week, I realized I forgot to pack underwear in my suitcase... Needless to say, I had to make a trip to purchase clean underwear. Opps! I really need to create a packing list so I remember to pack everything!
So, in short, I'm back and excited to be blogging!
1 comment:
hahahaha Eric, explain to me how you managed to never make a packing list, and have been a consultant for nearly a full year?
Post a Comment