Thursday, May 1, 2008

Stuffy

Music: As Lovers Go- Dashboard Confessionals
Mood: Congested

I am getting sick, but I'm trying to hold it off until my last final next Friday. I've been taking vitamin C pills like crazy, sleeping quite a bit, and trying to relax. My eyes feel like they are about to pop out, my throat is itchy, my ears keep popping, and my nose is runny. What sticks the most is that my eyes hurt like crazy and I can barely hear because my ears are clogged. At least this week is almost done. I haven't had a crazy week like most other business students (thank goodness). I have 2 papers due on Friday (one of which I already turned in and got an A on-psychology. I wrote on evolution, homosexuality, and attraction. It was fun!) and the other paper is for philosophy. I finished the rough draft yesterday and submitted it to my professor to give feedback.

Tomorrow, I've got the listening part of my spanish final exam, which I cannot really prepare for except by studying vocab words from the whole semester. I really don't want to take that part tomorrow because I'm just ready to relax for this week before the studying ensues. I'm taking three finals-- statistics, accounting, and spanish, and I'm not really worried about any of them. I just need to put the time and the energy into cracking open the books, but at this point, I don't feel like do that because I'm congested.

Also, for my research, I've got a lot of tabulation and coding to do to ender the data into excel. I did two groups (6 people) the other night and it took me 30 minutes. I've got 39 more groups (that's 117 more people). It's going to be slow going and eye-straining, but hey, it's fun (I suppose).

Besides that, I didn't realize that today is the last class for most of the seniors. That's an extremely scary thought. I cannot imagine graduating and never coming back to UT. Being done with classes (forever, almost), working full-time, surviving on your own-- That's scary. I'm already intimidated and scared with the fact that after I leave Austin on next Saturday, I won't be back for the next 8 months unless I visit during the summer, which I have promised friends I would. I still haven't finalized my study abroad stuff yet, though. I need to buy my tickets, work out my visa, still register for HKUST classes, and iron out course equivalences. All my classes should work out, and if they don't, I've already crossed the Rubicon. I'll deal with it in January. So yes, I am apprehensive about studying abroad. I'm scared, and I'm already feeling homesick. As I walk around campus, I think to myself, I'm going to miss this! (And I'm not even graduating!) But then again, I think to myself about HKUST, being in Asia, being away for 6 months in another country, the friends I'll make, and the experiences I'll have. It'll be amazing!!! =)

Lastly, I should mention my excitement about the summer before I run off to philosophy class. The company sent me a little note the other day wishing me well on my finals and included a starbucks gift card. That was a nice little gesture. I'm pretty stoked about working, but I really don't know anything about what I'm doing, so I'm scared I'll mess up. But i'm sure the company will guide me and help me out if I don't understand. I'll be with a lot of friends in Dallas this summer as well, so I'm excited about that. I start on May 19th, so I've only got one week in Houston before I have to move up. Ahh, it seems so quick.

Oh, and one last thing-- Online shopping is addictive. I have one pair of casual loafers that are arriving today, and I just ordered a pair of casual flip-flops which come in on Friday, so I'm excited. I tell you, when you're sick, it's so much fun and uplifting to invest in retail therapy. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your study abroad experience sounds amazing--keep updating while you're over there!!