Music: Half the Girl- We The Living
Mood: Lazy
This was such a hectic week that I think I deserve a lazy Sunday (even though I have every Monday off. Frankly, I think since Monday is Labour Day, but since I normally have it off, I should get Tuesday off too, but I don't think it works that way).
Recruiting for the consulting firms was in full swing this week, with events on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I recruited with these same firms earlier this spring, so although much of the information they discussed about the firm, culture, and new-hire responsibilities was a repeat, I found it helpful to chat with the consultants from the firms to just network and meet people I hadn't meet before. The only thing was how tedious and how much time the networking takes. Yesterday, I dropped my resume on the McCombs website for all the consulting firms and went to their individual websites to complete the required information on their site as well. Interviews are slated for about two weeks from now, so I hope to get interviews with all the firms I dropped for. Speaking of interviews, I already have several scheduled for next week already for a few of the investment banks. Although my heart isn't really with investment banking, I at least want some type of job before I rule anything out.
While on a career note, I had a meeting with a Teach for America representative on Wednesday, which peaked my interest in TFA again. I'm not sure if I'm cut out for it, but I don't really know what exactly I want to do, so I'm keeping my options open. The application is due Sept 18th, so I'll probably submit my application and see where that path goes.
I know this post is very scatter-brained and lacks a lot of cohesion, but the last thing I did this weekend was go to the UT game versus Louisiana-Monroe. This was my first game here at UT since sophomore year, and I felt like I was a freshman again, taking pictures of the stadium and the crowd. My sophomore year, the north endzone seating wasnt there so it was pretty cool seeing that. That game was fun-- we won 59 to 20. I enjoyed seeing Gilbert score his first TD of his college career and seeing OU lose against BYU. One thing I did notice was how much rumors spread through a stadium and how vulgar some fans can be. There were rumors that Bradford broke his collarbone and was out for the entire season, and people were laughing at him. While I don't like OU, I don't think it's right to wish harm upon someone else. Anyways, it turns out Bradford sprained his shoulder and will be out for only a few games. Hopefully he recovers to play in the TX-OU game.
Ok, time to attempt to be productive today!
Oh, and on Friday, i went for a jog and go lost around the townlake area and ended up at barton springs and mopac before making my way back to my house.
1 comment:
Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense to get income with a money that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.
Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.
P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]
Post a Comment