Music: Jack Johnson- Banana Pancakes
Mood: Strangely pumped
I think I'm a morning person. Crazy huh? Last night, I got sick of the trend of sleeping at 3 or 4 in the morning each day for the past week and a half. So last night, I decided to go to bed at 1am (wow, right?) instead of stay up to do work. I woke up at 8:15 this morning and wrote and wrote and wrote about Rousseau and the French Revolution (this was my second draft) until my 12:30 accounting class. I was surprisingly productive, and I'm glad I got that out of the way. (I still have to proof-read again, but it should be good.) Meeting with the TA with a rough draft yesterday was really helpful and gave me more guidance. Apparently, I was the first person to go to his TA office hours, so he was glad to help. Morals of the story: [1] wake up early to do homework.. you'll have tons of energy and feel better about yourself and [2] go to TA office hours for help, they'll realize you're putting the effort into it and really help you out. [now if only I had time to go to the ACCT office hours... sheez! I'm not behind in that class, but I'm not exactly ahead either. I think I'm scraping by.. but I really do understand all of it... or at least I think I do]
So I reread Tuesday's post and I realized how sort of depressing it was. It seems like this week has just been bad for everyone in general. So instead of talking about school and classes and work and obligations, here are things I've noticed this week:
[1] The Iran president visited Columbia this week and said some really crazy things.
[2] Heroes premiere was Monday! I'm so excited about this series.. it totally makes mondays worth it
[3] The UAW went on strike against General Motors for two days, but then finally reached a plea agreement: http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/070927/gm_uaw_risks.html?.v=1
[4] Diet Dr. Pepper has a strange smell to it
[5] The Astros are NOT last in their division!!!
[6] The Red Soxs better clinch the AL East title.. and then go on to win another world series!
[7] You can get things monogrammed (ie. dress shirts) on JCrew.com [ehm.. i have a birthday coming up. hahah]
[8] Google was established today (Sept 27th in 1998 according to my iGoogle), hence the 9 in the google.com
[9] I realized my yahoo weather application was stuck on my hometown's weather for the last four weeks.. I feel like I've been lied to this whole time!!!
[10] Both Google and Microsoft are thinking about taking a stake in Facebook, which some reports say is worth 10 Billion
[11] I have a delima: facebook has applications.. which I absolutely hate! but there's this thing called the FSX (facebook stock exchange) which allows you to practice trading and things like that) it sounds really cool.. . but think it'll (1) make me violate my no applications stance on facebook and (2) make me even more addicted to facebook than it already is... sooo. to FSX or not to FSX.. that is the question
Well, I hope this was entertaining for you all. I've got a Philosophy over Plato's Republic on tomorrow at 11am. I haven't really started studying yet, but I'm honestly not very nervous. Is that good or bad? In management, I think it's something called the overconfidence effect or something like that. Oh well, I'll hit the union starbucks later tonight after a shower and making the final touches of the french revolution paper. I cannot wait till Friday! It means the end of this week and the weekend.. which means the volleyball game, Kansas State game and other activities that don't involve Plato, Rousseau, journal entries, or harvard business review.
Oh... and does anyone else read post secret (www.postsecret.com)? there was this one about being lonely... "I bought the coolest phone on the planet - but it still only rings as often as my old phone did." Then a reader responded: "I feel the same way. I often wonder why I even have a phone because I rarely receive calls. If there was a way we could contact each other that would be cool. My phone number is 605-212-7787 (with permission).Sincerely,Ryan (with permission)." Isn't that Crazy? Reading this secret and Ryan's reply made me really appreciate my friends this much more. I don't know what I would have done this week without my friends to give me support and let me vent about how horrible the week has gone. So friends, if you're reading this: Ya'll are the BEST! =)))
And with this, I bid ya'll farewell and Plato hello. See ya! Holla!
3 comments:
Yea, PostSecret's amazing
Eric, YOU are awesome.
once that philosophy test is done with, we'll rock it out and get crocs at the volleyball game :)
awww eric
being your friend isn't soo bad...
Post a Comment