Music: Samsung- Ring 2 (my cell phone alarm clock)
Mood: WEEKEND.
Wow. Finally, this week is OVER. I've been so busy with:
- Career Fair (Wed)
- BBA Mock Interview (Thurs.)
- Diversity Dialogue Dinner (Thurs.)
- Plato
- French Revolution
- Espan~ol
- Accounting
- BC
- life.. in general.
I swear, Thursday felt like Friday. On Wednesday night, after I finished my Acc't hwk at 2AM, I treated myself to some online shopping retail therapy.. some good 'ole Astros gear .. a new Astros cap! woot. though the 'stros are not doing well at all.. at least they beat the Cards Thursday night 18 to 1. and now we're not last in the NL central rankings. But yea, after acct and then online shopping.. I moved on to write thank you letters to various companies I met at the career fair. I'm really interested in a few particular companies and hopefully can get an interview with them for possible summer internships. So going to bed at 4am was not a good idea, because on Thursday, I had a 10am mock interview... not the brightest idea.. I swear, the sleep debt I've accumulated since Saturday night is making me crazy. In my mock interview, I was in such a daze that I felt the room spinning, and it appeared as if my interview's head was growing bigger and then smaller. Strange huh? A lack of sleep can do that to you.
Moral of the week: SLEEP. There's only so much you can do.... Diet Dr. Pepper, Tea, and slapping myself to stay awake ... before your body just gives up and craves sleep. What I really want to do is take an afternoon off to just lay out by the pool and soak in the sun. Who's with me? Next Friday, I have an essay test in PHL over Plato and also an essay for French Rev. connecting Rousseau and enlightenment to the causes of the revolution. I'm supposed to start this stuff this weekend, but I've got BC informal retreat from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon. So this Sunday and this whole next week will be crunch time until Friday. eek. We'll see how I handle it. I think I just need some time to relax and get away from everything for a while to clear my mind.
At least I haven't had to do this:
Oh, and another thing: whenever I see people and they ask "how's it going?" the first thing that I say is "oh, tired and stressed..." Now I'm starting to think it's part psychological. Sort of like the self-confirming or self-fulfilling prophecy. I know I have a lot going on and I'm running on practically no sleep, but at the end of the day, when I crawl into my bed, I can say that I've really done a lot, and that's worth all the sleep deprivation and "stress." Maybe it's kind of an euphoria in a sickening, disturbed kind of way. but hey, whatever works for me right? I'm loving school, and I'm loving life. It's just that this live I love is so busy that I barely have time to appreciate all the things that I've done here at UT. This week has been particularly busy because of career week on top of school and homework. Recruiting is like a full-time job in and of itself. Next week, I should be able to concentrate more on my academics.. well.. I kind of have to as well if I want to excel on my PHL and HIS exam/essay. In any case, thank goodness it's FRIDAY.
Oh did ya'll hear about the Univ of Florida police and the taser during Kerry's visit?? I think it's pretty ridiculous and feel excessive force was used. What are your thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment