Mood: Busy
Craigslist is an amazing website. You can find pretty much whatever you want on it. My friends and I were looking for a futon and got one for $60. So this week, besides searching for things to buy on craigslist, I spent a lot of time being busy with recruiting and school work. I went to a consulting firm's info session on Thursday. I spoke with one of the company recruiters who was a BHP/Plan II alumni, and he really made me more interested in the consulting industry and encouraged me to apply for an internship. However, he said that sophomore interns are very rare in consulting. Next week is filled with company info sessions and prep-workshops by the BBA Career Services, so I'll be extremely busy with that. I also have to work on cover letters for various companies.
In addition to being a BBA Blogger, I work as a BHP Student Recruiter, where I communicate with prospective students and answer any questions they might have about the program or college life in general. I also give presentations about BHP to high schoolers who visit the campus every Monday and Friday. This Friday was my first presentation, and it was really exciting. I remember it was only two years ago I was in their shoes, weighing out my college choices and debating what I wanted to major in. I'm really exciting about being a student recruiter! I even will get my own business cards! (and I've got a photoshoot on Monday morning so my picture will be on the BHP website)
So besides school and work, I've been working on the Fall Case Competition. I'm chairing the competition, and I've been communicating with the numerous corporate sponsors to arrange company judges and other competition details. The Case Competition is on November 3rd, and applications will be due the previous Friday. I encourage everyone to participate!
With that, I'm think I'm done for tonight. I haven't gotten any work done this weekend, and I've got a long to-do list sitting on my sticky-notes on my iGoogle homepage. I suppose that's what Sundays are for. Tomorrow will be filled with reading for management, philosophy, and french revolution and also doing accounting problems! Yipee! But it has been a great weekend! We beat TCU (which I was kind of nervous about at the beginning, but the second quarter was great!).
I leave you with a video that always cracks me up!
No comments:
Post a Comment