Thursday, February 19, 2009

0 for 11

Music: C'est La Vie- B*witched: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1_muIb3dvU
Mood: EXHAUSTED

I'm officially zero for 11. I probably knew it was coming, but now it's official. I've had 11 interviews and zero conversions into offers. I Fail. I can't imagine what other people are going through. I mean, 11 interviews is a lot, and I'm glad to have gotten interviews, but if I can't get an offer, what are people doing if they can't even get interviews? This whole week, with the fact that I am 0 for 11, I've been dropping my resume like crazy on OCR for any position that's hiring a finance major. I even looked at AccessUT and McCombs Job Board just to see what's out there. There's still a management consulting firm I'm hoping for and if that doesn't pan out, I'm shift my efforts to corporate finance, but even corporate finance is looking pretty dry too, because of the economy.

Here's a typical "rejection b/c of the economy" email:
Thank you for your interest in our summer program. We enjoyed speaking with you and are impressed with the enthusiasm you expressed for the position in our conversation. Unfortunately due to economic conditions, we are decreasing the size of our program significantly this year, and as a result we will not be able to invite you to our XXXX office for further interviews.
haha. Sad email to receive.. esp when you get 11 of those (either via email or phone call.). But let me preface that some companies have just said I don't meet what they're looking for, but at the same time, it's obivious that companies are cutting back. I love mylifeinacube.com!!

Wow. It's so late.. ie. 2.40pm. I'm so sleep deprived. Last night, I got 6 hours of sleep. Tonight, I might get more, but I've been working on my Plan II Physics all week long. It's so fustrating and annoying. That class is the bane of my existence this semester.

On the brighter side, I'm leaving tomorrow for home at 4pm. My P2 Physics class lets out at 3:15, I'm going to jet back to my apartment, get in my car, and peace out for the weekend. I really miss home and going back will be good for me. I still have a lot of work to get done, but at least I'll be home. =)

Man, I want ice cream this late.. to reward myself for finishing my P2 Physics homework.. I guess I'll reward myself with sleep. G'night.

No comments: