Mood: Subdued
The star maker says, "It ain't so bad"This weekend went by so quickly! UGH! Even though I have Friday's off, I feel like I don't really start doing any work until Saturday and then on Sunday, I can't stay up late because I have 8am class.
The dream maker's gonna make you mad
The spaceman says, "Everybody look down!
It's all in your mind!"
Spaceman- The Killers
This weekend, I was supposed to read like 300+ pages for my Plan II TC about Warren Buffett. I only was able to read like 1/4 of that because I was already behind from last week's reading. Hopefully I get the short mini-quiz correct. YIKES. I also spent today studying for my FIN 367 exam on tomorrow. I'm not too worried about that. I did the practice tests and read the chapters so I should be okay.
Let's see, what else. I have three interviews this week. 2 of which are with consulting firms. I didn't have a chance to run through an interview with a friend in person, but I did some reading and brushed up on my case skills. Hopefully I'm able to rock it. I'm just getting desperate for a job for the summer. I don't know where I'll end up. Realistically, I just need to bring my A game and get 'er done. It's just been very depressing getting rejection after rejection. I've got one interview tomorrow at 8:30, then 2 interviews on Thursday. I'm going to swing by the Career Fair on Wednesday and then go to the diversity dialogue dinner on Thursday. Hopefully in two or three weeks, I'll be happy and have a job. I'm just really over school right now. I don't know if people can tell by the way I act or whatever. If I've brushed you off or ignored you or acted moody, I'm sorry. I really miss studying abroad and don't think I'll ever get over it. To me, everything I'm doing here now is POINTLESS. School doesn't really do anything-- and as I sit here preparing for classes, etc., I think to myself, why am I doing this? There's so much more I could be doing rather than just spending my time studying.
I don't know. I need to get my mind in a different mentality if this semester is going to go well, or else I'll just give up. It's really frustrating. I bet if/once I get a job offer, it'll be better. But for now, being jobless and studying so much is not fun. But at the same time, I want a rewarding job or something I enjoy doing. I definitely don't want to be as bored as I was this past summer. I need something that's engaging, challenging, and where I can interact with others. I want a job where I'm not going to just sit in front of a computer all day.... I want to do consulting. Haha! The question is, does consulting want me? -___-

OK. I apologize for turning this blog into a rant or a place to complain. Don't you miss the happy thoughts of when I was studying abroad? Haha. Well, happy things to come! ::Fingers Crossed::
I guess I failed to mention the good things this week. Let's think of the positive from this week:
[1] I got to watch 3 episodes of this season of The Office. Jim and Pam are too cute
[2] I made brownies at my friends apartment, and they were delicious.
[3] I got to go out with friends on Friday night and had a GREAT time.
[4] I got to do Kinsolving Dinner with Becca, Sam, and Shyam on Tuesday.
[5] I did well on my FIN 367 quiz from Monday
[6] I think there are only 5.... sorry.
1 comment:
I love the rant blogs, because it's who you are Eric- and I think you're awesome.
You're going to ACE these interviews and it'll all work itself out.
This weekend, I came across the quote "Trust in the process of your life unfolding". For people like you and me who are so up-and-go-proactive, it's weird to think that the life we control is already playing into something else.
Rock the interviews, I know you will :)
Post a Comment