Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Musings

Music: Hello Seattle- Owl City
Mood: Relaxing a Bit


First- I want to give a shout out to my AMAZING roommate, Margaret! =)))) YOU ROCK!

I had an interview at 8:30 with a consulting firm, and it was raining today so Margaret drove me the 5-6 blocks down to the business school so I didn't have to get wet! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. It's little things that make your day!

So, the interview went pretty well (I thought). The interviewer was a Plan II/Psychology major, so we hit it off pretty well. We talked so much that we were pressed for time for the case, so I only had time to solve about half of it. Plus, I felt he interrupted me... I was doing a percentage of revenues (after deriving volume and cost)... he made me start all over from to do a percentage of the volume before multiplying by costs (which ended up with the same number at the end..) but i guess he wanted me to derive the increase in volume first before finding out the increase in revenues.. Oh well. Hopefully I get a second round for that.

I had my finance test today as well, which I thought was okay. Not too bad, so hopefully I did well on that.

Then I had marketing, took a break for lunch, took a jog out at clark field (it was such a pretty day after the rain cleared!). Then I went to my TC for plan II about investments and warren buffett. I was originally interested in the class because I thought it'd go into the social aspects of business and investing.. however, it turned out to be a review of investments and financing and then reading buffett's autobiography.. it's not the most interesting 3 hour class for a monday afternoon.

Anyways, after that, I had a call with the conuslting firm to run through a practice ccase with him and give feedback to prepare me for my interview on Thursday.

Ok, that's it for today. Overall, good day, but now I still have a bit of hwk to get done. Oh, but i forgot,,.. how i met your mother is at 7:30 on monday's but Obama had a 1 hr press conference from 7-8 about the economy so HIMYM was skipped.. UGH. I am mad at Obama for that. =(

I guess Shane is having issues with the job search, just like me; except I'm searching for "consultant."

3 comments:

Cansu said...

haha! I was thinking how silly you were to make that spelling error. Then I thought, "wait a minute, did I make that mistake?". And indeed I had. Ha!

Don't worry, I will post pictures after the concert for you :P

Cansu said...

Btw, I hope the practice "ccase" went well!

angelspinenvy said...

I didn't even read the post, but OMG OWL CITY!!! I discovered them last weekend and am SO SO SO smitten. Looove them.