Thursday, February 5, 2009

Never Ends.

Music: So What- Pink
Mood: Fit


This week has been going by so slowly, but I swear, there are not enough hours in the day for the amount of work I have to do. It's not that the work is hard, there's just so much to do. I've considered skipping the gym so many times to do more work, but then I drag myself to work out and end up feeling better, so I'm definitely feeling more fit than when I was abroad.

In terms of the career search, it's pretty futile right now. I feel many of the major companies that I would have normally gotten a 2nd round or an offer have cut back because of the economy. In any case, I still have to keep on trucking. I have an interview with a small consulting firm on Monday and then I'm interviewing with another major strategic consulting firm this Wednesday/Thursday. I have a multiple choice test with the company on Wednesday and then a 2 hour interview on Thursday. Tomorrow, the company is having an interview prep course. I'm kind of upset about this because the CEO of Southwest Airlines is coming to speak tomorrow at the same time, so I'm going to have to miss it to go to interview prep, which is really frustrating because Herb Kelleher is supposed to be an amazing speaker. Also on the career front, I'm going to the Diversity Dialogue Dinner next Thursday to get a free meal but to actually look for a job too. The career fair is on Wednesday and I guess I have to swing by as well just to check out the employers.

On the work end of things, I have so much to read and not enough time. The material is very interesting, I'm reading a biography of Warren Buffett for my Plan II TC course. I'm on pg. 60 and I have to get to pg. 340 by Monday. I'm also reading Innumeracy for my Plan II Physics class, which is an easy read but I just don't have enough time. I have a FIN 367 test on Monday which I need to read and prepare for. In addition to that, I need to practice my case interviews this weekend. I guess it'll be doable, I just can't play at all this weekend.

OK. It's 2:30am, I ought to go to bed. But let me tell you first, last night, I had a really CREEPY dream. I had a dream that I got in a car accident and my car flipped over. It was a single car accident, and I was upside down. I don't really remember the details; I just remember yelling and screaming and freaking out. It seemed so real that when I woke up, I had to look at my keys and then go check the parking lot to see that my car was still intact. It was really eerie and creepy. I have no idea what it means, but now I'm kind of scared of driving.

No comments: